Files can be downloaded from google drive using wget. Before that, you need to know that files are small and large-sized in google drive.
Files less than 100MB are regarded as small files whereas files greater than 100MB are regarded as large files.
Before the file to be downloaded it is needed to be shared publicly.
- Select a file that is needed to be downloaded and does right-click.
- Click Share. A dialog box will appear.
- Click Advanced in the right bottom corner.
- Click on the Change.. under who has access.
- Make it On- Public on the web.
- Click the Save button.
- Copy the link for sharing…like…https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UibyVC_C2hoT_XEw15gPEwPW4yFyJFeOEA/view?usp=sharing
- Extract FILEID part like….from above….1UibyVC_C2hoT_XEw15gPEwPW4yFyJFeOEA
SO for small files run the following command on your terminal:
wget --no-check-certificate 'https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=FILEID' -O FILENAME
In the above command change the FILEID by above id extracted and rename FILENAME for your own simple use.
For large files run the following command with necessary changes in FILEID and FILENAME:
wget --load-cookies /tmp/cookies.txt "https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&confirm=$(wget --quiet --save-cookies /tmp/cookies.txt --keep-session-cookies --no-check-certificate 'https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=FILEID' -O- | sed -rn 's/.*confirm=([0-9A-Za-z_]+).*/\1\n/p')&id=FILEID" -O FILENAME && rm -rf /tmp/cookies.txt